However, the key to living a happy and fulfilling life is to love ourselves first, right?
How can we give to others when we deplete ourselves?
How can we help others when we don’t know how to help ourselves?
How can we show others genuine love, when we can’t even show it to ourselves? Genuine love comes without “conditions” and attachments. It is unconditional and not dependent on what we ourselves or others do.
Words and affirmations are a beautiful way of reminding ourselves that we are so special and so loved. And when you have forgotten that, we hope the variety of quotes we have chosen below help to bring you gently back home to yourself.
1.“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
2. “You deserve someone who makes you feel like the otherworldly creature you are. Yourself.” —Amanda Lovelace
3. “Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves, too.” —Unknown
4. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” — Hermann Hesse
6. “Does a wolf know how beautiful she is when she leaps? Does a feline know what beautiful shapes she makes when she sits? Is a bird awed by the sound it hears when it snaps open its wings? Learning from them, we just act in our own true way and do not draw back from or hide our natural beauty. Like the creatures, we just are, and it is right.” Clarissa Pinkola Estés Women Who Run With the Wolves
7. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” ―Oscar Wilde
8. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.” —Mark Twain
9. “Keep watering yourself. You’re growing.” —E.Russell
10. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” —Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne
11. “Keep taking time for yourself until you’re you again.” —Lalah Delia
12. “Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.” —Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
13. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” —Les Brown
14. “Be enough for yourself first. The rest of the world can wait.” — Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
15. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” —Unknown
16. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.” —Katrina Mayer
17. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” —Barbara De Angelis
18. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” —Maya Angelou
19 “Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will, too.” —Jennae Cecelia
2. “Love yourself when you’re tired. Love yourself when you’re weak. Love yourself when you’re confused. Love yourself when you’re broken. Love yourself when you’re restored.” — Tiny Buddha
21. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
22. “No one is you and that is your superpower.” — Unknown
23. “You really have to love yourself to get anything in this world done.” — Lucille Ball
24“Let it go, let it leave, let it happen. Nothing in this world was promised or belonged to you anyway.” —Rupi Kaur
Feeling disconnected lately? Read our blog Real Self-Care Practices to Reconnect With Yourself.